Have you ever tried Low Carb Beef Stew? This delicious stew is full of flavor and all that warm, comforting goodness you expect from stew. For those of us watching our carbs, it is a MUST MAKE!
Low Carb Beef Stew – Healthy, Yummy Comfort Food
This post contains affiliate links and we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on our links. Don’t worry, we’ll spend the money wisely, on things like utility bills . . . and wine.
Recently, I have been a lot more mindful of the food I eat. On February 28, I completed 30 days of clean eating the Whole 30 way. Since then, I’ve had a few foods that were off plan, but have mostly continued to eat cleanly.
I want to move more into the direction of general low carb, although I am still eating potatoes and fruit because they help keep me sane. I was nervous to try this low carb stew because it has no potatoes. The thought of stew with no potatoes just seems wrong to me, but there was so much good stuff in this recipe we found, we just had to give it a try. We found the recipe on one of my favorite sites: Peace, Love, and Low Carb.
Lots of Healthy Ingredients
We shopped for the ingredients for several recipes we want to try. This Low Carb Beef Stew was just one of them. This recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs. Stew Beef (We bought a roast on sale and cut it up!)
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Organic Beef Stock (We used the whole container, which was 4 cups)
- 12 oz. Bacon, Cooked Crisp and Crumbled (We used thick cut)
- 14.5 oz. Can Organic Diced Tomatoes (called for drained but we didn’t)
- 4 oz. Mixed Bell Peppers, Chopped (we used half peppers of red, yellow, and green)
- 4 oz. Mushrooms, Quartered
- 2 Ribs Celery, Chopped
- 1 Large Carrot, Chopped (we used two)
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 4 Large Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 2 Tbs. Organic Tomato Paste (We totally eyeballed this and probably used closer to 2 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt (We used regular)
- 1 ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
Pro Tip: Do Not Throw Meat on Floor
To save money, we bought a beef roast on sale and I cut it up myself. Unfortunately, at one point the pan fell on the floor because I’m good like that. Fortunately, most of the meat was okay. But some landed on the floor, which really sucked.
At least the dogs were happy about it!
Finally, we managed to get everything put together in the crock pot and cooked it for several hours. Since we work here at home, the stew smells were enjoyable, yet maddening.
So Much Flavor!
If you, too, are nervous about the thought of beef stew without potatoes, please allow me to assure you that I didn’t even miss them. There is so much flavor and it was simply loaded with delicious vegetables and meat. We couldn’t resist grabbing second bowls of it, and thankfully, there are still leftovers!
Enjoy an even closer look!
Want more Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes?